Pregnant lady brownie cheese cake

by - 1:39 PM

cheese cake-16921

 

My inspiration for this brownie cheese cake came from my pregnant friend sharing this recipe with one of her friends and the caption: We need to try this!

her friend replied: We???

Pregnant friend: Yes you know, you cook it and I eat it!!  

 

I was going to look at the recipe anyway but after that I just had to see how to make it.  And with all this talk about cheese cake I was thinking  I’d like some cheese cake too.

 

cheese cake-16868

 

I decided to use my favorite gluten free brownie recipe with a few changes…

 

cheese cake-16870

 

This time I successfully melted chocolate chips in the microwave. You can see the time I made some sort of volcano ash here 

 

cheese cake-16871

 

Into the blender I tossed the garbanzos,

 

cheese cake-16873

 

black beans,

 

cheese cake-16876

 

eggs,

 

cheese cake-16878

 

and baking powder.

 

cheese cake-16879

 

Blended until smooth.

 

cheese cake-16880

 

Then added sugar

 

cheese cake-16884

 

and the melted chocolate chips, and blende everything together.

 

cheese cake-16890

 

Into a greased and floured pan

 

cheese cake-16891

 

pour a crust depth layer of brownie batter. (not as deep as I did here)

Baked at 350 for 30 minutes or so until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.

 

cheese cake-16893

 

While it’s baking… In another bowl I added cream cheese,

 

cheese cake-16895

 

sugar,

 

cheese cake-16896

 

and vanilla.

 

cheese cake-16897

 

I mixed that

 

cheese cake-16898

 

then added the eggs

.

cheese cake-16900

 

Mixed it with my mixer on high, uh, I mean my fork.

 

cheese cake-16907

 

When the brownie layer is done pour the cheese layer on

 

cheese cake-16909

 

and pop it back in the oven. Bake until the cheese just starts to brown at the edges.

 

cheese cake-16916

 

When the cake was cool I loosened it by running a knife around the edge, and then removed the rim of the pan.

 

cheese cake-16910

 

Then I finally put warm chocolate glaze in a plastic bag and poked a tiny hole in it like everyone says is the easiest way to do it. And it worked! I will definitely do that again. 

 

cheese cake-16918

 

See, it almost looks like I know what I’m doing!

 

cheese cake-16919

 

Now the part that we’ve all been waiting for!

 

cheese cake-16928

 

Lets see if this is any good.

Yeah, it was and it’s all gone.

Next time I will make less brownie and more cheese.

 

And a big thanks to baby Brooklyn for telling her mommy she wanted brownie cheesecake!

 

Pregnant lady brownie cheese cake

Ingredients

  • 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1/2 cup black beans rinsed and drained
  • 4 eggs
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup chocolate topping or chocolate glaze I used Duncan Hines Amazing glaze

 

Grease and flour a 9 inch spring form pan(s) it might be best to make two so your brownie crust isn't so thick.
Melt chocolate chips in microwave, stirring every 20 seconds after the first minute, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
Combine the beans and eggs in a blender or a food processor. until smooth. Add the sugar and the baking powder, and pulse to blend. Pour in the melted chocolate and blend until smooth, scraping down the corners to make sure chocolate is completely mixed. Transfer the batter to the cake pan.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.


While the brownie is baking.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs beating well. Pour cream cheese mixture.

Bake for 40 minutes. Chill in pan. When cake is thoroughly chilled, loosen by running a knife around the edge, and then remove the rim of the pan. Drizzle with the chocolate topping.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting