Angel food cake with strawberries

by - 5:28 PM

strawberry cake-9772

 

Sometimes I just make a cake from a box mix and today was one of those times.

 

strawberry cake-9773

 

I made cup cakes too.

 

strawberry cake-9685

 

Maybe some day I’ll try making angel food cake from a recipe but this sure was easy.

 

strawberry cake-9687

 

A little dusty too.

 

strawberry cake-9688

 

Added some water that was all.

 

strawberry cake-9692

 

Poured it into the pan.

 

strawberry cake-9693

 

I put it on a baking sheet, I was worried that the two piece pan would leak.

 

strawberry cake-9695

 

Left it in the oven until the top got brown. I had to open the oven door for thin photo so you wouldn’t see how dirty the oven window is.

 

strawberry cake-9698

 

Then left it upside down  to cool. I don’t know why but the instructions said to so I did.

 

strawberry cake-9702

 

I don’t have the proper cake knife so I used a regular butter knife and it did the trick.

 

strawberry cake-9703

 

It was a good thing I used the baking sheet, some of the batter had started to escape.

 

strawberry cake-9724

 

Then came the fun part! I sliced strawberries for decorating.

 

strawberry cake-9730

 

I found if I cut a little off the bottom, or what will be the bottom when I put the berries the way I’m going to put the berries it worked better and they didn't tip over. You understood that all perfectly right? Good.

 

strawberry cake-9770

 

All done!

 

Angel Food cake with Strawberries

ingredients

  • 1 box angel food cake mix
  • 1 1/4 cup water
  • frosting
  • a bunch of sliced strawberries for the top

 

mix, and bake cake as directed on box. Let cool and remove from pan. Frost and arrange halved strawberries on top.

Eat. Go back to FoodGawker and look for more mouth watering food.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting