Do I need to Clean my sensor?

by - 7:13 PM

Ocoee--6

 

I have never cleaned the sensors on my cameras since I’ve owned them.

1. I never thought about it.

2. When I changed lenses outside I just held my breath sure that that would somehow keep any dust from getting in there.

Then I read how to see if your sensor has stuff on it by simply taking a photo at f/22 of the sky or a white piece of paper and you see dark spots or are just finding yourself cloning out spots in the sky of photos shot at f/22 or what ever your lens’s highest aperture is.

Well that was me. So I took my cameras to get their sensors cleaned.

 

sensor meetup-6850

 

Mike was awesome and cleaned sensors for those of us who were too chicken to do it our selves. He started out by putting on gloves.

 

sensor meetup-4479

 

Then he wiped everything down.

 

sensor meetup-6883

 

He then locked up the mirror.

 

sensor meetup-6852

 

Took this blower thing

 

sensor meetup-6881

 

And blew it out careful to hold the camera up so the dust will fall out and not back in.

 

sensor meetup-6876

 

Then he took this  looking thing, yeah, a magnifying glass sort of thing with a light

 

sensor meetup-6849

 

to look at the sensor and see if the blower thing did the trick.

 

sensor meetup-6919

 

Joe wasn’t chicken, he did his camera himself.

 

sensor meetup-6923

 

Next they got out a brush wiper thing,

 

sensor meetup-6866

 

sensor cleaner

 

sensor meetup-6853

 

and put drop on the wiper brush.

 

sensor meetup-6867

 

Mike carefully wiped it across just the sensor.

 

 

sensor meetup-6875

 

Then he used something called a lens pen that looks like it’s got a weird eraser on the end.

 

sensor meetup-4469

 

I think it’s sorta like a mini carpet sweeper and supposed to pick up stuff.

 

sensor meetup-6873

 

Got the blower back out

 

sensor meetup-6879

 

Then he used what looked to me to be an ordinary paint brush and brushed out any thing left in there.

 

 

sensor meetup-6927

 

Put the lens back on, took a look at the sky and we were good to go.

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. cookwithnobooks.blogspot.comApril 15, 2013 at 11:03 PM

    Wow, its like the camera had day surgery. Looking forward to more awesome pictures with your 'rejuvenated' camera.

    ReplyDelete

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting