Guacamole

by - 8:13 AM

guacamole -5628

 

Guacamole made from Closet Cooking’s recipe. I’ve loved looking at Kevin’s dripping melty good grilled cheese sandwich photos over the last couple of years. I’m still going to make that grilled cheese with maple syrup sandwich one of these days.

But today I was making guacamole.

 

guacamole -5612

 

I chopped up a tomato and removed the seeds.

 

guacamole -5614

Mashed one avocado at a time because I chose a plate that was almost too small.

 

guacamole -5616

 

I was careful and managed to get both avocados mashed on one plate.

 

guacamole-5617

 

I chopped up some red onion as fast as I could before I cried.

 

guacamole-5618

 

I didn’t cry. This onion had been in the refrigerator and I think that helped. When it comes to onions I need all the help I can get.

 

guacamole-5619

 

I minced up a very small jalapeño. I was scared to put too much in as these peppers had been very hot. 

 

guacamole-5620

 

Then I tossed everything into a bowl that was almost too small.

 

guacamole-5622

 

I only had half a lemon but it was lemony enough

 

guacamole -5626

 

Added some cumin that wasn’t very fresh and I think I could’ve added more.

 

guacamole -5627

 

A little salt and pepper.

 

guacamole -5628

 

Remembered the tomatoes at the last minute. The cilantro was a scratch since there was none in the garden.

Even though it was missing the cilantro I thought it tasted just as good as I imagined it would when I first looked at the recipe.

Guacamole

from Closet Cooking

Ingredients

  • 2 large avocados, mashed
  • 1 lime, juice
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
  • 1 plum tomato, seeded and finely diced
  • 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
  • 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions

  1. Mix everything.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting