Pumpkin Ice cream pie, without ice cream

by - 12:41 PM

pumkin ice cream pie-2004

 

I made this delicious pumpkin ice cream pie, the pie was good and the pie is gone. I refuse to buy frozen whipped topping so I just sorta made something up and didn’t measure a thing!

So I will do my best to tell you what I think I did.

 

pumkin ice cream pie-1985

 

I started with the blender, actually I made the whole thing in the blender. I put that much powdered milk in. I’d guess it was between half and a quarter cup. So how ‘bout we say a third?

 

pumkin ice cream pie-1986

 

Then I poured in maple syrup, maybe half a cup. I put a half cup of granulated sugar in too but I don’t have any photos of that so there’s no proof.

 

pumkin ice cream pie-1989

 

Next I added a bunch of pumpkin pie spices, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice and maybe nutmeg.

 

pumkin ice cream pie-1990

 

I put probably two cups of cooked pumpkin plus half a cup of left over pumpkin pie seasoned cooked sweet potato from a previous granola bar project.

 

pumkin ice cream pie-1993

 

Then I must have put in a cup or so of milk. I blended it and tasted it but something was still lacking. I added vanilla extract but it didn’t really change much. Then I added 2-3 big table spoons of vanilla powder! Wow, that was just what I was looking for now it had two distinct flavors, pumpkin and vanilla. I had another taste. No photos, I was busy licking the spoon.

 

pumkin ice cream pie-1994

 

I got out a couple pie dishes, I wasn’t really sure how much of this pumpkin stuff I’d just made.

 

pumkin ice cream pie-1998

 

I left a little room in case the freezing expanded it.

 

pumkin ice cream pie-2000

 

Then I fought with the freezer for somewhere to put them. I won eventually.

 

pumkin ice cream pie-2010

 

Once it’s frozen, serve.

 

Pumpkin Ice cream pie, without ice cream

 

ingredients

 

  • 1/2 cup powdered milk
  • 2 1/2 cups cooked pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup maple syrup
  • cinnamon
  • pinch of cloves
  • ginger
  • allspice
  • 1 cup or so milk
  • 2-3 big tablespoons vanilla powder

 

Blend all together in a blender. Taste and adjust for taste and consistency. Pour into pie dishes. freeze until firm. Serve.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting