Broccoli Pomegranate Christmas tree salad

by - 6:39 AM

broccoli tree-2873

 

This might be the year I was too busy to get to making palmiers but I have finally made an eatable Christmas tree!

Super simple and fun to make. 

 

broccoli tree-2862

 

If you don’t count the dressing I’m planning to serve with it and don’t count the bacon bits I was thinking would be real nice sprinkled on top, it’s a three ingredient salad.

 

broccoli tree-2863

 

I saw a this Christmas tree done with cherry tomatoes and I’m sure that would be good too. When I saw the pomegranate I thought they would look like Christmas lights. 

 

broccoli tree-2864

 

 

broccoli tree-2866

 

I cut a bunch of broccoli florets and a few cauliflower florets and then re-cut them so that each one would stand up when I placed it on the plate.

 

broccoli tree-2865

 

arranged it in a tree shape on a plate.

 

broccoli tree-2868

 

Then carefully placed cauliflower pieces between the broccolis.

 

 

broccoli tree-2872

 

Last step, I Put the “lights” on the tree.

 

That’s all.

 

 

Broccoli Pomegranate Christmas tree salad

ingredients

 

  • broccoli florets
  • cauliflower florets
  • about 1/4 of a pomegranate worth of seeds/berries

 

Cut broccoli florets flat on the bottom so they’ll stand up and arrange into a tree shape on a plate.

Cut cauliflower florets in half or more as necessary to make a little smaller than the broccoli pieces and arrange a few here and there throughout the tree.

Carefully set pomegranate seeds like strings of Christmas lights on the tree.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting