Snowflake minimal cake decorating

by - 4:28 PM

PNpD-6

Lazy cake decorating Inspired by the flour pattern on a loaf of bread at King Arthur’s bakery.

Here’s how I made my pattern for this cake.

 

PNpD-15

 

PNpD-1

I started out making a square from a regular 8.5x11 sheet of paper.

 

PNpD-2

Next I folded it in half diagonally and then in thirds. The half part is easy, the then in thirds is something I just guess at and hope I get it right the first time.

Then snip off the extra. I’m making a basic hexagon to start.

 

PNpD-3

I then fold it in half again. I drew out some random shapes to cut. I have no idea what it’ll look like! I never do, it’s always a surprise.

 

PNpD-4

Uh, weird , I don’t really like it.

 

PNpD-7

So I made another one with what I hope to be more like stars in the cut outs.

 

PNpD-9

I like it, I’ve spent enough time snipping paper!

I center it on the cake

 

PNpD-10

Add a spoon or two of powdered sugar

 

PNpD-11

in the sifter, the sifter that I never use for anything but this.

 

PNpD-14

Now just take the pattern off carefully and that’s it.

 

PNpD-17

Please don’t ask about the cake, it came out waay “too healthy”.

 

 

 

The best couponing I've done has been at Advance Auto Parts.  If you need car parts You should check them out. Here's an exclusive offer to get up to 40% off your first order since I referred you.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting